Roamy here, holding the fort until XBrad gets some internet access. Just thinking out loud this morning over a second cup of coffee.
1. I hope to have some homecoming pics of my nephew to post here soon.
2. I’m putting together a care package for my other nephew who’s still in Afghanistan. What was the best thing you ever got in a care package?
3. I don’t quite know what to think of our sending troops to Uganda. My feeling is that we have enough on our plate as it is. I understand the humanitarian aspect of the mission but tend to think that that’s what the UN is for, right? (I’ll wait until you quit laughing.)
4. Speaking of the UN, I KNOW I don’t want to pay nearly half a billion dollars for them to squat on more real estate in NYC. Move ‘em to Geneva.
5. Mike Durant has a speaking engagement near here later this month.
6. Also speaking here later this month is retired Marine Corps Gen. Jim Jones at a fundraiser luncheon for Support Wounded Warriors Week. I’ll definitely be following up on that.