A controversy is brewing over a request to remake Barbie in way contrary to the iconic image so many girls knew growing up.
Plus-Size-Modeling.com is suggesting Mattel create a plus-size Barbie. While some say more realistic curves would be a better role model for girls, others say an overly large Barbie would be an unhealthy example.
Always a stalwart supporter of equal opportunity, Craig suggested to me this morning that what we men really need is a GI Joe that more truly reflects some of the people we served alongside.
- Intel Analyst G.I. Joe with glasses and a kick-butt World of Warcraft character.
- Personnel Actions Clerk who loses paperwork. And “Profile” with hands formed best for 12 ounce curls.
- Realistic Supply Sergeant that won’t issue toilet paper.
- SPC Mafia that excel in shamming and Caspering, and Buffer Rodeo and getting arrested for minor in possession or disturbing the peace.
- Chain smoking motor sergeant who refuses to issue repair parts, fearing depletion of PLL.
- 77F fuel handler who loses the key to the lock on the gas pump.
What are some of your suggestions for a more realistic GI Joe?